Sunday, January 18, 2009

Women and Relationships *sigh*

                                                                                  
                         


















I have a friend who we shall call....Sasha (her idea not mine, my first choice was "I think I'm Important Pretty and Fabulous, but I'm really not")...anyway... Sasha has been on an off with her boyfriend/ex depending on the time of the day for three years. As of right now it is her boyfriend..however, that could change by the time I post this entry. I met sasha this past summer and though she is now a good friend of mine her relationship with her boyfriend/ex is beyond ridiculous. She actually has a decent guy, but she's not ready to settle down and just wants to date and be free to date other people, therefore, leaving her boyfriend/ex heartbroken time and time again. The last time they broke up, maybe a month ago? I can't keep up...anyway she claimed that this was it and it was final, no more getting back together she was done playing the yo-yo game. Today as we chatted on aim chat with our other friend Oprah (she asked to be called that) sasha proceeded to inform me of all the throngs of men vying for her affection . . . I asked her about her boyfriend/ex and if they were still pretending to not be together but seeing each other everyday and she let me know they were in fact back together...SHOCKING...not. Here's how the rest of our convo went-
Oprah- YOU'RE TOGETHER???
Sasha- Sadly, Yes
Oprah- If you're sad then why are you doing it
Me- O gosh, this is ridiculous
Sasha- Lol, Im trifflin I know 
*For those of you unsure of what trifflin means...please exit now, Thank You*

I don't get it, she knows she doesn't want to be in a relationship, she even knows she doesn't want to marry the poor guy, but yet...she continues this ridiculous cycle *sigh*

I have another friend and I won't even begin to go into that but  I have come to the conclusion that women young and old lose a big piece of common sense and logic when love/lust come into play. We stay in going no where fast relationships with men who we know are not what we truly want or who truly deserve us because of the fear of being alone. (I've been there too) It makes me quite sad to think that this is what we've come to..

Women- Love is beautiful, and can be an exciting journey when you find it with that special person, but don't let that person define who you are as a person and yes it does take work when two completely different people from completely different worlds try and come together. HOWEVER, it is important to know when its time to let something go! It's important to know ahead of time what you will and won't put up with and stick to that! Know your worth. Don't be desperate. Don't stay in a situation because you're too afraid of being alone. Don't let your ears hear what you want to hear or your eyes see what you want to see, get it together ladies! Don't settle, you will regret it later! It's better to be alone and happy then together and miserable thinking of the what could have beens....However, if you find a good man who loves you and you love him and respects you and respect him hold on tight and work through it!

As you can see I can talk about this topic forever so be on the look out for Women and Relationships parts 2, 3, 4, 5....1,999,999,999

Au Revoir!






1 comment:

  1. well miss natural writer i am impressed with your first blog. I am excited to read more about your love, relationships and women blogs especially when i cant relate!!.. keep up the good work and keep writing. love u lots.

    the mulattogirl

    ReplyDelete